Tuesday, January 03, 2006

late night wake ups

there's something about college . . .

this afternoon my dad called to share the news that my grandpa had been rushed to the hospital. he was experiencing the same symptoms that my dad had just recovered from a week prior.

so my papa's in the hospital. and i'm sad and frustrated and a little worried and wishing that the ammirati family could just avoid the hospital for at least a month.

but mostly, i really wish i was at school right now. sure, i could call a friend and talk it all out. but its just not the same as being there. i want to be in the suite and walk through the bathroom and sit on the couch and let it all out . . . or just say nothing at all.

i think sometimes we take the whole college atmosphere for granted. we're so lucky to live in dorms and always have friends and fellowship surrounding us. and i wonder how i'm going to live without that in a few months? who will i tell all my secrets to? who can i wake up in the middle of the night to share something that could really wait until morning?

for now, i'm alone in the condo. and that's okay too. and break is wonderful and relaxing and so needed. but i'm starting to really ache for gcc and everyone who goes there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

mon, i totally understand - i was pretty freaking lonely last night and i wanted to be with you girls too! don't worry about papa, we'll pray for him just like we did for your daddy. love you sweets.

10:38 AM  
Blogger -K- said...

i'm sorry about papa. i will pray. he will be okay.

and yes live up 24/7 available friend contact...because I do miss having my yummies available at all times. now the only person I greet in my underwear in the bathroom is me. sadness.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home