Wednesday, December 07, 2005

to miss r

if you don't know katie, the following excerpt from an email she sent should be enough of a reason to start a friendship:

check out this sweet example I came up with today. it's "sweet" because kids love poop jokes...it really gets their attention.

I was teaching them what a malapropism is (it's when you use the incorrect word that sounds similar to the word you want to use). here's my example:


"let's say, I wanted to say, 'today, i want to decorate around my room,' but instead i said, 'today, i want to defacate around my room.'"

i love her. i love her craziness. i love how we are sisters.

life is simply delightful. maybe its just the Christmas season making me so gosh darn giggly. maybe its the carols and the lights and the snow. maybe its christmas break being within reach. maybe its having so many great conversations with good friends. maybe its the feeling of knowing i am blessed beyong measure. or maybe its what i think it really is.

regardless, if you're feeling blue, come find me. i have enough exuberance lately for an army.

2 Comments:

Blogger -K- said...

you are too good to me. or is this just your sneaky way of sharing a secret love of poop jokes? either way, I heart you.

I enjoy previous two posts as well.

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that this officially makes Katie one of the "favorite teachers." My favorite English teacher in high school did something similar when, illustrating how one letter can change the whole meaning of a sentence, she wrote:

"He rapped on the door."
v.
"He raped on the door."

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home