Thursday, October 27, 2005

putting it all in perspective

12:45 PM - I hang up the phone with my mother and immediately have two thoughts:
1. i need to be adopted
2. i want to write a long, complaining post about the unfairness of life and why is that nothing i do will ever ever ever ever be good enough

1 PM - Before I can sit down to write that post, I head to lunch with Abbie. She tells me a story about something happening with her friend's family. Something horrible and dreadful and unbearably sad. And I sit at the end of the table in MAP and feel horribly selfish and self-centered. My daily "traumatic" conversations with my family are nothing in comparison to what most of the world endures.

1:30 PM - I walk outside and remember why I always thought I should transfer to a school in Florida.

What's the moral of this brief synopsis of the last few hours of my life: It's never as bad as we think it is or we make it out to be. Yes, my mom tends to be very hard on me in the most absurd ways. No performance, no event, no wardrobe, no life will ever be enough to convince her that I'm good enough. But at the end of the day, I have absolutely zippo to be complaining about or for that matter, even mention.

Thousands upon thousands of children are dying in foreign countries every day. Dying from hunger and neglect and need. I think its a safe guess that 100% of those kids would rather move into my home than die from the utter unfairness of their lot in life.

This was not a positive post and I wanted it to be one, I promise! I guess the message is be grateful. Be thankful. Be positive. And I'll try my very best to be as well. "And the world will be a better place . . . "

Alright, I'm done. =)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can think of a topic for a positive post: me!

4:42 PM  
Blogger -K- said...

mon...I forgot to respond to your question in email. situation/relationship with the mom is 80 MILLION TIMES BETTER when you're out. I will elaborate later.

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home