Thursday, October 06, 2005

ahh, honey honey

Little known fact about our GCC cafeteria: there is honey in there. you just have to know where to look. Today as I ate "lunch" (I use the term loosely) with Whitney, I was reminded that not everyone knows about the hidden condiments the cafeteria stores in secret places.

The school used to serve honey by the toasters, but upon our return my sophomore year, I realized the honey was gone. In a frantic state, I asked the small Chinese man* that operates the cafeteria in a frightening mafia-like capactiy where the honey had disappeared to. "No honey. No students with honey - bad pouring skills," he told me. I was not convinced - bad pouring skills? What does that mean and how is it an excuse? Several days later, Mary*, the nicest worker in MAP, pulled me aside to tell me the truth. "Sweetie, they took away the honey because its too expensive. But I keep it right behind the counter here. So I suppose if you could use it very quickly and then put it right back, no one would have to know."

Years later, the scheme still works. Except now its not a "scheme" so much as they all know I do it and no one says anything.

Honey, you and barbecue sauce are still the only condiments I'll ever love. Thanks for making even cafeteria meet endurable (dare I say even enjoyable?).

* note: names have not been changed to protect the guilty or delightful

1 Comments:

Blogger -K- said...

MONICA??? ON LINE???? I'M SO HAPPY YOU'VE JOINED THE DARK SIDE!!

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home