Wednesday, October 05, 2005

if you jumped off a bridge . . .

and then one day children, monica decided to start blogging.

who loves one-act week? it reminds me of all that is good and fun in the theatre department here. what delights me the most is how scandalous we think we are - as we make "totally inappropriate" jokes that we know we can't do once the hypoverial curtain rises on opening night. these shameful jokes include saying only moderate swear words, momentary flashing of chests (rachel, fall 2003 will be remembered by all thanks to that red dress and your frantic dancing. i love it.), making out, etc. this brings me to more favorite memories of one acts:

1. garret and phil playing woman roles. loved it.
2. rachel, can i mention the dress moment again?
3. my parents and their perfect attendance record (to be shattered tomorrow evening, as they are busy landscaping their new condo. oh mom and dad, you will be missed.)
4. cherith eppley's first kiss . . . on stage . . . with trey
5. the bat that tried to kill heidi haas
6. abbie bruising her innocent freshman body during the role of della
7. countless others i can't remember anymore but i'm sure were fantastic at the time

homecoming was fun. its always so delightful seeing old friends. one big regret: i think i may have killed a small child. yes, its true. (my non-mothering instincts surface). the thing is, i can't throw. and when i say i can't throw, i mean, they put me on the 5th grade basketball team in 6th grade. even my own father, who was the coach of my little league team, didn't have the heart to actually play me, lest people know who i was related to. needless to say, i'm sitting in matthew chung's solara, trying to throw candy to the little children, when suddenly it hits me (pun intended) that i am throwing candy that is barely reaching the outside tires. so kids are running into the street, next to (and occasionally, on) the car. i hear matt's frantic voice call out; no, not in protection of the children, but of his precious convertible. (note: i do love matt and he was a jewel on saturday. an absolute jewel.)
i'm sorry for any injuries i may have caused. aside from the endangering candy throwing, i loved the parade. a special thank you to the man dressed as the toilet you could throw candy into. toilet man, you were a delight.

(sidenote: jen helped me pick the font. i love her. she's a jewel as well.)

major barbara is a good time. i tried on my costume tonight and thank you caitlin sandham, it still makes me look like a woman. trey sends his regards as well (who wants to make out with a girl wearing a burlap sack, right?). there are lots of long speeches and two intermissions . . . but come see it anyways.

i think this was a good first blog. (i like to give myself postitive affirmation from time to time) if not, i will try and do better next time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think my boobs should win an award. They need their own spot on the plaque.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home