Sunday, December 18, 2005

tell me on a sunday

finals week: journeying through the years

freshman winter finals 02: all my finals were held on tuesday and wednesday . . . so on the thursday study day i packed my bags and headed home, under the pretense of "i really need to study and i do it so much better in a home environment." it was a shameless lie. i was homesick and i missed my boyfriend. days later i came back in a total state of panic because i hadn't studied one iota (i just love that word) and i had to take a million finals in a short amount of time. they actually turned out just fine, thanks to dr. brown and dr. schaeffer's benevolence. i've always been bummed that i didn't share in that weekend with the girls on my hall.

freshman spring finals 03: quite the change in emotions. i still have all my finals on tuesday and wednesday (through most of my life, i have been quite cursed by the final gods), but this time i am literally crying because a. lorna is leaving grove city and my world is over as i know it. b. i didn't want to face the decisions that awaited me at home. i don't actually remembering any studying, but i do remember a finals dinner at carini's, my study day with lorna at victors, and an all-night sleepover in hotel 160 with my girls.

sophomore winter finals 03: i can't remember a single thing. i guess they went fine . . . ?

sophomore spring finals 04: hmm . . . is all of sophomore year a much too distant memory? neither abby nor myself can recollect a single thing. ooh - but i do remember study day and my "cast party" in pittsburgh with phil and garrett. dinner at pf chang's and an evening of enthusiastic shopping with phil while garrett wandered along . . .

junior winter finals 04: i was done on saturday afternoon! that was the best finals schedule of life. i was in two performance classes, so i hardly had to study at all. sheer bliss. then i made the trek home on saturday night to surprise my mom and dad. lovely memories.

junior spring finals 05: i had to move all my finals back so i could leave the college 4 days early and head straight to the Big Apple. i was terrified most of this week, which actually spurred me on to the best studying of my life. it was during this time that i also discovered the joys of studying in the shower. (not with the water running. just sitting there. studying. trust me on this one). i remember my last night at gcc that year. there was the flying dutchmen concert, saying goodbye to britt and katie, and frantically tossing everything i owned into my much too tiny toyota echo.

and finally, here we are. senior winter finals 05. looking back, i have to tell you that i can't remember a single test question. for that matter, i don't really even know what grade i received on most of these exams. i do remember the crazy moments in the SAC, the sad goodbyes, and the late night "study sessions." now i know we should study and do well and all that. but at the same time, let's not forget to enjoy these days. and with that, i'm headed to ketler for some late night poker with the boys. good luck everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

we didn't play poker. we played some game that made my hands hurt.

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home