Thursday, February 02, 2006

tequila makes her clothes fall off

"Valentine's Day is like herpes: just when you think its gone for good, it rears its ugly head once more. No wonder some people prefer to call it VD."

[this will not be a post about valentines day. i just think that quote is funny.]

some days, i really think that anything in the world is possible. most days i guess i have some concious knowledge of that fact. but on certain days, or during certain moments rather, the thought will hit me that all these things that i've dreamt about since i was a little girl could actually happen. growing up, i was never one of those girls who dreamed about bridal showers and weddings and all that. i'm still not. it just never struck me as a practical use of my time.


my mom sent me a card today that had a picture inside of me as a little girl. it took me back to a time when i spent all my days dreaming about all the things i could do. while my friends played "house" and "wedding," i'd be in my own corner, playing "broadway" or "business." maybe i'd be a doctor or a lawyer or a vet or a flight attendant or a dancer or a writer or an actress or a CEO or an accountant . . . . it didn't matter. i knew that the world was waiting for me to do something huge. my parents were great about instilling in me the belief that there was nothing i couldn't accomplish. no goal was out of reach.

maybe i lose that idea sometimes in the midst of everyday life, especially when it seems so overwhelming to just move to NYC, let alone take on the city full force.

but by golly, it's going to happen. i will move to new york. my dreams will come true. i don't how or when or with what means, but they will.

i can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home