Thursday, January 26, 2006

jessica andrews said it best

jen and i had a good night. a very good night.

we went to rachel's. then we went to walmart. oh walmart, you are a delight. what can't you buy there (besides all the stuff you actually need)? we were going to have a "fish buying/hair dyeing" night, but we didn't. well, we did buy fish. i convinced jen it was a good investment at 28 cents. she agreed. now we have to name her fish. any suggestions, feel free to comment on her blog or mine.

i'm not going to bore anyone with what i bought. i think it was perhaps boring jen just shopping for it. but she's a trooper. and boy do i love her. jen is the type of friend you need to have. she'll let you cry at 1 AM without judgment or question. and later, she'll let you tell her how silly that was. when i think back to Hotel 160 and the many nights spent crying and laughing and dancing and singing . . . delightful.


i've really been struggling with self-confidence lately. and truthfully, this is a new struggle in my life. in general, i have a very healthy self-image. i've always felt fairly confident in who i am and what i can do. but not lately. and that worries me. because while i've been struggling, i've also been convicted of my sin in comparing myself to others. i wasn't created to be you. or you. or you. i could never teach like abby or katie. i'm certainly never going to be able to play softball (let alone hit a ball) like jensue. i'm not called to be a counselor or a musician or a missionary or a doctor or an engineer or a lawyer or an athlete . . .


and isn't that one of the many wonders of the God we serve? He's created billions and billions of people and no two have ever been alike. incredible. stop. really think about that. what an awesome God. and i want that to spur me on towards greater devotion, not feelings of inadequacy. i long to learn how to serve Him best with all these gifts He's given me. i so badly ache to understand how my love for theatre and my passion for people and my leadership and my heart for women can all work together, not so i gain some great reward or recognition, but so He is honored.

to my God that calmed the storm . . . calm the storm in my soul right now. i know You can. and i know You will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home