Sunday, January 15, 2006

reading rainbow

in the mood to write an enjoyable post . . .

but (and i'm pleased about this, as it means that my love of technology has not surpassed my cravings for art and drama and literature), i'm even more in the mood to go read anna karenina.

i want to spend the rest of break enjoying as many captivating novels as i can. east of eden, you were a joy. night, i'm glad i didn't read you in high school, when i certainly would have missed the big picture. of mice and men, you never fail to make me cry, no matter how much i prepare myself for the end.

so off to go find out (once again) what happens to anna and levin and all the rest. enjoy the rest of your weekend all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved East of Eden, and I'm pretty sure I would have continued loving Anna Karenina if I'd continued reading it (see the sidebar of my blog), but I moved to Idaho halfway through it and if you leave a book like that alone for too long, you have absolutely no idea what's going on and who anyone is.

So, as consolation, I'm reading Crime and Punishment because hey, aren't all Russian writers the same? Plus, I just finished Pride & Prejudice which, on top of not believing I'd never read it before, I 100% drooled over. I almost want to read it again, and I just finished it four days ago.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home