Wednesday, January 11, 2006

curious george

my, my, my . . . you are all mighty curious people. i have received messages on my blog, as well as personal emails inquiring about the exact events that took place on monday evening.

and i bet you're all hoping i'm going to tell. and i am, in a way.

to make this more fun, i'm going to give you several possible options about monday's events. only one is true. if you've already spoiled the surprise by asking joel, well, shame on you. think of this as a fun blog version of "balderdash". . . without further ado, here are your choices.

1. i arrived on campus, very tired and very ready to take a quick nap. realizing i couldn't get into my own room (because your ID doesn't work unless you're there for intercession), joel let me sneak onto the ADEL hall and i napped for a few hours in his room until he was done with practice. i obviously feel guilt ridden because of the obvious breaking of dormitory rules. i'm terrified that campus security will go back and find the video feed and i will get expelled.

2. i arrived on campus, very tired, but with enough energy to devise a plan to get into the dorms: i would find someone standing near a door and just ask to borrow their ID. unfortunately, the only people i could find was this very awkward freshman couple (obviously taking intercession as an excuse to be together 24 hours a day) who were in the middle of a heavy make-out session. while i hated to interrupt, i really wanted to get into my room, so i "broke up the party" and took their ID. i'm feeling guilty because that's just weird and who knows what kind of emotional scars i've inflicted on them.

3. i arrived on campus, not at all tired, just anxious for swim practice to be over. because of this, i happened to go through the stop sign that's at the corner of MEP. the gcc security force saw me, threw their lights on, and began to come after me. realizing i might be in danger of security violation, i instinctively drove off campus as fast as possible. amazingly, they didn't chase me (i think i lost them somehow). however, i felt horrible about the deception and made poor joel walk to that middle school to meet me, just in case they were parked all over campus waiting for my return.

4. i arrived on campus, tired and not at all ready for another 2 hour drive. realizing my ID wouldn't work to get into my dorm, joel and i devised a plan so i could sneak into my dorm and then illicit the help of a friend. the plan consisted of engaging the help of a staff member, who lent me her ID, at the risk of being fired. in the end, i spent the night not in my own room, but in a student's room who was not on campus to say no. i feel guilty about both the stolen ID and the borrowed room.


well, there you have it. this reminds me of those adventure stories sean got me hooked on when we were little kids . . . you get to choose a different ending every time. i hope these stories spark your imagination. and also that they make me seem like a rebel.

3 Comments:

Blogger James said...

my guess is 3.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

i'm going to go with either 2 or 4...but definitely not 3! the image of you speeding has been my source of laughter for like 10 minutes now.

do we get to find out the right answer?

10:49 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

It's a tough call, but I vote 4.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home