Wednesday, January 25, 2006

she's gone

"sunrise, sunrise . . . couldn't tempt us if it tried."
- nj -

i want to be a morning person. i really desperately truly absolutely do. the whole idea appeals to me: being efficient, accomplishing more during hours of the day when most of the population is awake, trying to emphathsize with my poor roommate who is forced to get up at 5:45 each day. yes, i would like to be a morning person very much.

during break, over a cup of cocoa, i announced to my mom that THIS semester i was gonna do it. i would get up early. go work out. eat breakfast. accomplish many important tasks before lunch. it would be the new improved version of monica. as i've been announcing this plan to my mom for approximately 3 years, it has little effect on her. she smiles in a way that says, "monica you are never going to change. there is no way that you will be a morning person. i want to believe that you can do this. but i know you won't."

today i decided to test myself. having gone to bed at a reasonable hour (read: 1:45 AM), i thought it would be a good morning to make an attempt. i set my alarm for 7:45, confident that i could be up and out of bed by 8.

at 10, i finally climbed down from the top bunk.

*sigh* so not today. but there's always tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY I didn't know if I'd be able to leave comments but YAYAY
Forget regret! you are a morning person just a one AM morning person...do enjoy!
luv ya,
Amy

12:59 PM  
Blogger James said...

I am a morning person. I'll start giving you wake-up calls. You can come to the gym with me and Neil.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home