Wednesday, February 08, 2006

she only smokes when she drinks

i've found myself being jealous of rachel and her consistent titles, always beginning with, "in which . . . " and so on.

so i've decided that from here on out, my blog titles will be the names of very random country songs. in all likelihood, they will have nothing to do with the actual contents of the post. but they will be fun. and they will serve to help educate any of my unfortunate readers who don't already have a vast knowledge of country music (how do they survive?).

also . . . allan and i are going to take a stab at writing "he said/she said" for the incomparable Collegian. it would certainly help us out if anyone wants to suggest a first topic for us to try. (and valentine's day is out, so if you were going to suggest that, don't. it was done last year and our column won't be printed in time for it to be relevant.)

also . . . my life is pretty fantastic. so fantastic that sometimes i'm bit overwhelmed.

also . . . i can't imagine planning a wedding. within the next 5 weeks i have to buy a wedding dress, find kids to be in the ceremony, pick out flowers, pick out bridesmaid dresses, and well, that's it. and that seems like a lot. rachel, i salute you.

10 Comments:

Blogger Trey said...

as your would-be editor, I suggest you talk about journalism at GCC, specifically your feelings on the senior editor. It'll go over swell.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so a couple of things.

1. are you actually buying a WEDDING dress, or is it just a white dress? and if it is a wedding dress, do you get to keep it? because that would be a little weird and marrying-grove-city-ish.

2. ironically, yesterday I thought I had the wedding planning under control. and then today I got a "to do" list from my MOH (maid of honor) and totally flipped out. I'm having trouble enough writing my senior thesis. this wedding is like my life thesis. and it requires way more attention than I originally anticipated.

3. I have to say it. I hate country music. But my roommate plays it all the time.

2:57 PM  
Blogger James said...

what?

5:04 PM  
Blogger -K- said...

oh mon. I thought we made progress last year on the song exposures. remember your modest mouse explanations?

also, send me copies of he said/she said! I love that you're doing it.

I didn't realize zoe had to find the kids last year! crazy! have fun shopping!!!!

8:02 PM  
Blogger AE said...

How about blogging, it's how we got our start writing together (not our friendship of course) and it's pretty popular on campus.

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are you picking out wedding dresses?

11:03 AM  
Blogger lvs said...

Yeah, I'm with Ganch. What has happened to necessitate wedding dress picking outage in five weeks' time?

7:18 AM  
Blogger -K- said...

monica is the spring queen, so she must buy a white dress.

2:40 PM  
Blogger AE said...

how about an update now and then

6:14 PM  
Blogger AE said...

Where's the new valentine's day post?

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home