Wednesday, June 14, 2006

one last time

i feel like i've been on a sabbatical from the blog world.

i think that's because i've been on a sabbatical from the blog world. it wasn't on purpose, but when i'm not always sitting down at a computer the minute i get back to my room, blogging just doesn't take top priority. (on that note: i love feeling freed from my computer. i love not having the instinct to check my email 24 hours a day. it's delightful.)

so it turns out that i need to find a job. imagine that. not a job for the summer. i have plenty of those (praise the Lord! it wasn't looking good for awhile . . . ). i need a job for the rest of my life. a;lfjakfj;lkdjfa;lskdfj;ladka;skjdk. feeling somewhat stressed about the whole process. but excited mostly. right now, i'm thinking that i would LOVE to work at disney. the contacts i would make there would be irreplacable and after disney, i could work anywhere in the world. anywhere in the world. pretty awesome.

tonight joel and i are going to see rob thomas and jewel perform at blossom. my parents got free tickets and passed them along to us. when i called joel to tell him, his exact words were: "who's rob thomas? didn't he go to grove city?"

sadly, i really had no idea either. i knew he was famous. goo goo dolls i thought? it turns out that he used to be in matchbox 20. so that's cool.

joel and i are both big jewel non-fans, so we plan on mocking her during her portion of the concert. did anyone ever actually read that book of poetry she wrote???? i didn't think so.

so that's life. that sums it up i think. job searching and jewel watching.

if you live nearby, come visit us. seriously. if you don't live nearby, we may come visit you. it's weird not being surrounded by people 24 hours a day.


and with this post, i think i'm back. keep me accountable all. love and miss you all.

3 Comments:

Blogger -K- said...

haha I liked her book of poetry. one of my co-op teachers had it, and I read it. but, I'm not a hardcore jewel fan. her songs are nice, but they don't spur me to love or hate her.

but, at least I know who rob thomas is. hope you had fun at the concert. thanks for updating ;)

I will email you about your life and things that I must keep secretative for awhile.

8:55 AM  
Blogger AE said...

welcome back. I missed you. you have to update, or I'm not checking your blog anymore. So I'm free from the computer at home, but at work I sit in front of it all day. At home I sit in front of the tv. life is wierd. call me about next weekend.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Trey said...

did you apply for the disney job? I was thinking about it...

and I completely agree with your freedom-from-the-computer feeling

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home