Monday, March 06, 2006

you go first

i love vacations. and as i haven't been on very many vacations without my family, i would have to say that i feel particularly attached to family vacactions. i love my mom. and my dad. and my brother. and jen (sean's girlfriend). having a significant other on our family vacations was a bit odd, but not in a bad way. it certainly changed our family dynamic, but maybe mostly because sean is so incredibly in love with this woman and we've never witnessed that before.

i love florida. i love the warm weather. and the beautiful sunshine. and the smell of water. and seeing children fall in love with mickey for the first time. and seeing my mom fall in love with epcot for the thousandth time. i love it all.

i love lorna. she is the kind of friend that everyone should be so lucky to have, and i'm not quite sure how i became so blessed. she is nothing you could expect and everything you could want. spontaneous, engaging, hysterical, encouraging, beautiful, godly, quirky, and just plain lovable. i adore her. i can't believe that after years spent mostly apart, we sit down together and its like no time has ever passed.

i love alligators. i don't know why. i don't really see myself as the "alligator loving" type, but if you could see me in gatorland (cue cheesy commercial voice: florida's BEST half-day attraction), you would become a believer. something about alligators is just so darn cute to me.

i love alone time. despite the family vacaction-ness of my break, there was quite a bit of time that i got to spend alone. i encouraged all the lovebirds (my parents included) to have their special time, which meant a lot of time for me to sit by the pool and just think. it felt fantastic. these past fews week at school have been non-stop and i was really aching for some time for me and God to sort some things out. it felt great to have uninterrupted hours of time when i could just be with me.

that being said . . .

i love coming back. break is wonderful and amazing and it's hard to imagine that in a few short weeks, "break" will be something during which i don't get paid. i loved being alone and being with my fam, but this morning, i felt such complete joy waking up to the sounds of my beautiful suitemates singing in the bathroom. i really missed my friends. and it feels good to be surrounded by them once again.

welcome back everyone.

2 Comments:

Blogger -K- said...

yay.

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is Gator Land? I always wanted to go when we were in Orlando, but I was trumped by some Go-Kart place we got in for free when a Chinese Restaurant validated our parking ticket on New Year's Eve.

And all I got out of it was gasoline fumes.

However, we did get to see a few live gators sunning themselves across the little canal from my great aunt and uncle's trailer in their swank little trailer court community. One of them was about 15 feet long (large for a gator, I think?) and then they told us about how you always had to check under your car for a gator because they liked to warm themselves under there and if you didn't check, they would eat your feet.

And then ... feetless.

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home